Sunday 17 August 2014

"a pink triangle on her sleeve"


I eventually got around to making this Roxanne blouse by Victory Patterns. I bought the pattern and fabric at Christmas time, and only now have had the time to whip it up. I set myself little challenges to get heaps of shop and gift sewing done before I make something fun for either the house, my girls or me. It really works for productivity!
I loved this fabric when I saw it in Spotlight, a lightweight polyester mix and thought it would suit the billowiness of the pattern, plus I could oppose the stripe direction on the pocket and the back yoke.


I was worried this fabric would be a bit unruly to sew with but it was great. Everything was going smoothly until I tried it on halfway through and thought it just looked like a massive tent! (btw it is a very large style blouse so if you're after something form fitting this is not the top for you). Also the fabric was SO static that it just clung to me like I had just been swimming in it. For half an hour I sat at my machine contemplating whether I should even bother finishing it as it was probably going to be unwearable. Then I snapped out of it and got on with sewing it. And I'm so glad I did! Once it was finished, ironed and hung on a hanger for awhile it fit great, as in it was just as flowy as I was hoping. I don't know if the static energy disappeared from me wearing a cotton singlet underneath or just being away from the sewing machine's electric energy field but its fine now.
The pattern has won me completely over and I'm so keen to make the collar version in a cotton next up.



 * My 7 year old daughter took these pics of me while the baby was sleeping so that's why they're a little blurry;) although if I'm honest she's just as good a photographer as I am!

** Also this blouse lasted 15mins before being baby spewed on! haha....well I guess the washing machine test came early for this one;)



For the Ears!
Weezer: Pink Triangle

No comments:

Post a Comment