Saturday 18 October 2014

"triangles are my favourite shape, three points where two lines meet"


I made this baby blanket for my brother and sister-in-law who are expecting their first little human next month! The Arctic Monkeys are loved by us all so I thought I'd go for the AM album feel, whether or not that came across I don't know!
I also used a triangle template (my third now) for this one but went for the right-angled style as opposed to the isosceles trianges used in my previous two. This blanket is a bit smaller too which I think is good to use in a pram or a quick pull out to lie bub on.


I found this super gorgeous thin fleece at Spotlight and thought it would be perfect for a little dreaming baby to snuggle up on:). I especially love the little rockets!
And though I love how the triangles worked out in a diamond/zigzag pattern, sewing right-angled triangles was very trying! I don't think I've ever pressed anything so hard to get smooth in all my sewing life!!


For the Ears!
Alt-j: Tesselate

No comments:

Post a Comment